Remembering Dolly Parton
August 2026 has taken yet another celebrity from us. Dolly Parton died today.
About two months ago while we were driving to see The Aquabats, me and my mom were talking about celebrity deaths and how she found out about them. We were specifically talking about Michael Jackson's death, and I asked her if there will ever be another death as big as MJ's. She said probably not, but there will be some that would be pretty big losses. One of the celebs she listed off was Dolly. And now two months later, it's actually happened. Dolly has died.
Dolly was big on philanthropy. She especially was a strong advocate for children's literacy, through projects like her Imagination Library. While I was never apart of the program as a youngin', I truly respect her commitment. Dolly was one of the only celebrities I knew of that was almost universally loved. It's really sad that she's gone now.
Comments
Post a Comment