All the CDs from August
Well it's September now, and that means it's no longer Summer! This Summer was MID! June was good because the war ended for like a week (and I saw The Aquabats the same day the war ended for like a week!!), July was scary as fuck because I live in Michigan, and August was just sad! (literally two out of my three posts last month were talking about celebrity deaths)
But you know what wasn't mid? All the CDs I got last month! Here are all of them.
Here's the first batch of CDs from last month. August started out with an absolute bang. on the 3rd I went to Book Off for the first time, and I got 5 CDs. 4 by Paul McCartney: 1993's Off The Ground, 1997's Flaming Pie, 2007's Memory Almost Full, and 2018's Egypt Station. Plus I was really excited to find the CD single of "Hikari" by one of my favorite arists, and probably my favorite Japanese artist, Hikaru Utada! That day, I also got a copy of Utada's album "Deep River" in the mail, which was the album Hikari came from.
Here's the second batch from August. I got The Beatles' Let It Be Naked during an inpromptu trip to Disc Replay on the 10th. As you can tell by the jewel case, it's the 2 disc version with the "Fly On The Wall" bonus disc. Also that day, I got a copy of what is spiritually Hikaru Utada's debut album, First Love, the best selling album in Japanese history. That was from eBay, and it was SEALED TOO!!
On the 19th I went to my local Barnes & Noble, and got the deluxe edition CD of The Monkees' Good Times album that came out this year. The notable thing about this version is the second disc, featuring instrumentals plus the non-album tracks from the Good Times! Plus! EP, that was released for Record Store day around the time the album was originally released. Some of those tracks were released on certain copies of the base album ("A Better World" was on FYE copies of the album, and "Love's What I Want" was a dreaded Japanese exclusive bonus track.) But I do believe this is the first time all four tracks have been on CD in the same place. Also that day, I got the first album by Mono Puff, a side project of They Might Be Giants' John Flansburgh. IT'S TOTALLY ROCKING!
Here were the final two CDs I got in August. Hikaru Utada's Heart Station came first on the 24th. Good album, love Utada. Apparently it's a copy from Hong Kong so that's cool.
The last to come was Lemon Demon's Spirit Phone, which came on the 29th. Lemon Demon is the only artist in the "neurodivergent music trifecta" of LD, Tally Hall and Will Wood that I can actually bear to listen to. I really respect Neil Cicierega and his works in and outside Lemon Demon. Spirit Phone his his best work, well probably ever. Make sense because he had like 8 years to work on it. Hopefully the next one will be just as good if it ever comes, he's had 10 to work on it!
I've had View Monster and the Nature Tapes EP on CD for quite some time now. I got them around the time I first got into Lemon Demon c. 2023-2024. Then around the time I got into Tally Hall I stopped listening to LD, then after Tally Hall I got into They Might Be Giants, etc etc. I was actually going to sell both of those CDs to Book Off, but I decided not to. Those were essentially replaced with my Tally Hall CDs. I've been meaning to get Spirit Phone on CD for like, a billion years at this point, and now I have it! I found a used copy for cheap on eBay (cuz you know I wasn't gonna deal with Needlejuice again) and I got it for like $20!
That's basically it for now. See you whenever I feel like blogging again!



Comments
Post a Comment