Hello one, hello one! (I would say "hello all" but that would be disingenuous). Welcome to another episode of "My Life". Since the last CD post i've gotten a few more, so we'll get those out of the way first.
Here were the first two CDs that I got after my last CD post, I got both on the 14th. On the left is Exodus by Hikaru Utada. This was their first American release, releasing on Island back in 2004. The copy I have is a copy from the BMG Direct CD club, which was a record club similar to others like the
Columbia House record club. It's kind of an experimental album, very cool stuff, very cool album, Utada is goated.
To the right of Utada is They Might Be Giants' Don't Let's Start, ON MINI CD!!! Not many singles were released on Mini CD here in the US, but they were pretty popular in Japan, being produced as late as the early 00's! They Might Be Giants' first three singles were released on mini CD, the others were "They'll Need A Crane" (Which I have! AND SEALED!!) And "(She Was A) Hotel Detective" which I still don't have. Hopefully i'll get it soon!
Here's the third and final CD I got this month. Another TMBG record, IT'S PHONE POWER!!! Phone Power was their 19th album, coming out way back in 2016 (Happy 10th, Phone Power!) It was also the last of their album compiling the tracks from Dial-A-Song 2015, as well as one of two TMBG albums to have a very amusing abbreviation (the other being 1998's "Severe Tire Damage"). This has one of my favorite TMBG album cover, with the cool TMBG logo made up of letters. I had to wait a day before I could open it. It came in the mail while I was on a roadtrip.

And for the first time in many moons, I GOT VINYL RECORDS! Both of them coincidentally Charlie Brown/Peanuts albums. Here's the first one, the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas!! I'm still very excited to have this album in my collection. I remember back in the day, we used to play this album when we decorated our Christmas tree, and even still we often play it around Christmas time. I've been meaning to get it on vinyl for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to buying it. We've had the CD for years, but no vinyl copy. That was until the 10th. I was at Walmart when I decided to go to the physical media section as I always do. They were having a sale in which select records with a yellow "Clearence" sticker on it were just $15. Charlie Brown Xmas was one of them, so I got it!! My copy is the Walmart exclusive "Red & Gold Tinsel" variant. I don't usually buy store exclusive color variants (just about every Walmart record as to have some CrAaAaAZy Walmart exclusive color gimmick to it) but I got this one!
(Also, not my photo! Just knicked it from Discogs because I didn't get a pic of it and I'm too lazy to right now, lol)
Here's the second Charlie Brown record I got. From 1970, it's A Boy Named Charlie Brown! I found this at a small collectors fair for iust $5! The fair was very, VERY small. Only like 5 vendors (one dollar for every vendor, maybe? 😂) and only one sold CDs/vinyl. But I got this! Very cool stuff!
On the 28th, I got the Wordgirl DVD "Tricks & Treats" at a thrift store. They were having their monthly half off sale (in which everything in the store is half off on the last Tuesday of every month) so I only got this for $1.11. I have the "Wordgirl Vs The Energy Monster" DVD somewhere (no fuckin' clue where though.) Plus the Rise of Ms. Power, both from a Dollar General a couple years back. I'm pretty close to completing my Wordgirl DVD collection!!
And from 1998, it's Dr. Rabbit's World Tour! Dr. Rabbit was a Colgate mascot, and was also a common YouTube Poop source in the late 2000's. Yet another VHS tape to add to my small collection of "VHS tapes that means come from". Still looking for You On Kazoo for a good price!
And now for CDs I saw and DIDN'T buy!
On the 27th, I found a few things. Two CDs from fast food kid's meals! Anyone else remembee Mighty Kid's Meals or is it just me?
And at the same thrift store, here's a compilation from the UK!! Featuring Elvis Costello, Ty Segall, and notably for me, Gruff Rhys of the Super Furry Animals. I would've gotten it, but as you can tell it isn't in the best condition.
And at the sane thrift store Wordgirl and Dr. Rabbit were at, I found a 2007 CD by someone named Gene Kim. The project/album is called "Dave's Son".
And inside the CD is a note from Gene Kim himself! I didn't buy it but maybe I should've. Hopefully whoever bought it will give it a good life. Will Dave's Son become the next Panchiko? Probably not, but hopefully someone will like it.
That's all for now. See you later!
Comments
Post a Comment