Bats, Toys & Old Hot Cars: What I have been doing recently

 Hello one hello all to another Blog post. Sorry it's Taken so long for me to post again! I've been so caught up in real life and other social medias that my blog is not as big of a priority. Sorry to the single person that gives a shit!

On June 17th I saw The Aquabats for the first time in 4 years.  2026 saw their triumphant return to the state of Michigan after not coming since 2022. It was at St Andrews Hall in Detroit, where i'd previously seen my first two Aquabats concerts in 2014 and 2017.

It was lightly sprinkling when we got in line. Not too bad, right? Well, we stayed in line for almost 30 MINUTES before they let us in. Doors at 6 PM my ass!

While we were in line, the guy behind me thought he saw Jack Black.


There were two opening acts this time. The first was Sullvn, who are a ska band from California. Me and my mom enjoyed them. They brought Dicky Barrett from the Mighty Might Bosstones on-stage to perform "The Impression That I Get" and another song I don't remember right now.


Up next are the Koffin Kats, who the Bats toured with last year. They were fine but me and my mom felt their set dragged on a bit too long. During the show, the Kats said one of their first shows was in St Andrews' basement at The Shelter (which was around where the merch table was.)

I keep forgetting how clausterphobic concerts are. Literally people all around me. My mom was behind me, some woman was in front of me, and some kid in a hoodie and a Japanese girl were to my sides. Be prepared to say "sorry" and "excuse me" to people a lot.

Then the Bats came on and they rocked as always. The energy and excitement of an Aquabats concert genuinly cannot be beat. Jimmy the robot "scanned" the audience to see how many people were there, he said 10,004! Pool Party was the opener. It's weird to hear it beginning a concert, because I usually associate it with the end of the concert. They don't let all the kids on-stage during that song like they used to. I'm guessing it's because of Covid or something like that.

Eaglebones "summoned" The Dude during the show. During Pizza Day, a kid with a Go-Pro named Vincent was the one chosen to ride the inflatable pizza slice. Before he throw him, the MCBC made the crowd chant "DON'T. DROP. VINCENT!"

They played short covers of The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army", The Police's "Every Breath You Take", and "Wednesday", from the Super Show episode "Ladyfingers". They even played the original "Every Breath You Take" on the speakers as we were leaving. Yet another song I will probably forever associate with The Aquabats.

Speaking of, we heard Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" on the radio as we were driving to the show. If you've read my previous blog post about Aquabats concerts, you probably know that the Aquabats covered that song when I saw them in 2019, as Eddie Money passed away that same day. What a coincidence.

Also I heard Bohemian Rhapsody twice while we were driving up there. I was shooting for a third but it never happened. ☹️


On June 21 I saw Toy Story 5 with my family. I won't spoil anything since not everyone has seen it yet, but it was suprisingly good. A lot of people including me were questioning the existence of a fifth Toy Story, but it really suprised me that it was actually good. Like many, Smarty Pants is my favorite character in the film. But that might just be because i'm a big Conan O'Brien fan.

Me and my dad saw my grandparents on the 27th. They gave us some old bycicles. They bought us some pizza, and it was very good. I watched the Spongebob episodes The Secret Box and Band Geeks on Nicktoo-I mean, "NickSpongeBob" as they're calling it these days.

Going to my grandparents house is also a good way to sneeze a whole lot.

And just today, my mom's car overheated. It happened at an intersection. She tried to exclerate with full force, but it barely did anything! Somehow we limped it to the parking lot of a 7/11, and bought some antifreeze. We stopped at another gas station to let it cool down, and that's when we knew it was NOT gonna make it home. We limped it to a McDonald's and made an appointment to have the car towed. That is where we're at now. We've been inside McDonald's for probably almost an hour or something. For some reason the tow truck is coming from Sterling Heights which is over an HOUR AWAY from our location. Gee thanks. 😒


I'm not that suprised that it overheated. The car is about 15 years old and we've had it for almost 5 by now. I just wish it would've happened maybe closer to home. 

That's it for now. Bye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wiggles Concert That Time Forgot

The Janken Game: Am I Too Late?